2020 has become the largest funding year in history for digital health, with 24 deals worth more than $100 million apiece recorded, according to a recent Rock Health report.
At $4 billion invested in digital health companies during the third quarter of 2020, the year’s total funding is now $9.4 billion. This beats the previous largest annual sum of $8.2 billion in investments in 2018, according to the report.
Here are the 24 deals totaling more than $100 million, listed largest to smallest:
1. Zwift, an interactive fitness platform for indoor cycling: $450 million.
2. XtraPi, digital drug discovery and development platform: $319 million.
3. Classpass, online monthly fitness membership program: $285 million.
4. Alto, on-demand prescription delivery service: $250 million.
5. Ro, telemedicine and pharmacy platform with medication delivery: $200 million.
6. Amwell, telemedicine platform for on-demand virtual visits: $194 million.
7. Grand Rounds, virtual care provider and health navigation platform: $175 million.
8. Element, cardiac monitoring wearable device: $146 million.
9. Insitro, drug discovery platform using big data and AI: $143 million
10. Preventice, cardiac diagnostic and support patient platform: $137 million.
11. Dispatch, on-demand medical home care: $136 million.
12. Outset, portable dialysis system: $125 million.
13. Atomwise, deep learning platform for drug discovery: $123 million.
14. Sema 4, reproductive health and oncology analytics platform: $121 million.
15. Lyra, data platform for identifying at-risk behavioral health conditions: $110 million.
16. Tonal, smart fitness system for at-home strength training: $110 million.
17. Olive, medical identity fraud prevention platform: $106 million.
18. Cedar, medical billing and collections platform: $106 million.
19. Biofourmis, AI-based remote monitoring platform: $102 million.
20. Heal, physician house call platform: $100 million.
21. Medly, digital pharmacy platform: $100 million.
22. Mindstrong, digital biomarker smartphone tracker: $100 million.
23. Tempus, genomics-based diagnostic company: $100 million.
24. Verana Health, remote patient monitoring using consumer devices platform: $100 million.
More articles on digital transformation:
Cleveland Clinic: Top 10 medical innovations for 2021
Kaiser Permanente, Best Buy Health roll out remote monitoring program: 4 things to know
7 hospitals, health systems piloting digital transformation programs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.