If you’re on a tricky diet, it can be really hard to resist those urges to have extra snacks in between meals. It’s not easy to suppress your appetite in situations like that.
Here though, we have five appetite-suppressing supplements that not only work but are all made with natural, safe ingredients.
Best Appetite Suppressant: Top 5 Brands
Today, we’re going to check out five popular supplements that can potentially help you suppress unwanted feelings of hunger. These products are PhenQ, FAB CBD oil, Cheef Botanicals CBD oil, Zotrim, and Instant Knockout.
These products can be divided into two main types: dietary supplements (PhenQ, Zotrim, and Instant Knockout) and CBD oils (FAB and Cheef Botanicals). The difference between each type lies in their main active ingredients.
The three dietary supplements tend to use ingredients that are different but still pretty similar to each other, while the two CBD oils contain basically the exact same ingredients.
But don’t worry about figuring it out on your own. In this article, we’ll give you a review of each appetite suppressant we just listed. We’ll tell you what the product is all about, what goes into each product, how to use each product, and where to get all of them.
1. PhenQ – Best Overall & Highest Quality
First up on our list of appetite suppressants is PhenQ. PhenQ is made and distributed by Wolfson Berg Limited, a company based primarily in Australia.
PhenQ is advertised as a supplement for anyone wanting to burn more fat, suppress their appetite, boost their energy levels, and improve their overall mood.
It’s similar to both Zotrim and Instant Knockout in this regard. These three supplements share a few of their key ingredients as well.
- Capsimax – Capsimax is a branded extract. It contains capsaicin, which is the substance in hot peppers like chilies and jalapenos that makes them spicy. Capsaicin is a thermogenic substance, which means it causes your body to produce heat. It’s also good for your metabolic function, and it helps your body use more of its stores of fat.
- Chromium picolinate – This is just one of many varieties of the element chromium, which everyone needs to eat trace amounts of for general health purposes. Chromium helps your body’s cells absorb more sugar, which helps prevent you from feeling cravings for sugar and carbs.
- Caffeine – Caffeine is a stimulant that you can find in many food items like coffee, chocolate, and many kinds of soda. Because it’s so good at giving you energy, it’s a very common additive to weight loss supplements and energy drinks. Aside from increasing your energy and alertness levels, it’s also a mild appetite suppressant in and of itself.
- Nopal cactus fiber – All types of cactus fiber are known to be great at helping people lose weight. In general, Fiber is good at suppressing your appetite because your body can’t really digest it, meaning it fills you up for longer. Also, cactus fiber helps prevent your body from absorbing excess dietary fat.
- L-Carnitine fumarate – L-Carnitine is one of the many amino acids found in your body. It helps your body use more of its fat stores as fuel, which can help stop you from feeling hungry as often. This version of L-Carnitine is produced synthetically.
Click here to See the Full List of Ingredients in PhenQ on their Official Website.
How Does It Work?
PhenQ is marketed as a thermogenic supplement. Thermogenic refers to thermogenesis, the process of your body generating heat. Your body burns more fat as it heats up, which can help you lose weight.
The main ingredient that suppresses your appetite in PhenQ is the cactus fiber. Aside from simply keeping you full for longer, cactus fiber is able to prevent your body from taking in too much fat.
It does this because the fat molecules get stuck to the cactus fiber, and then both substances pass through your digestive system without being processed.
The caffeine in PhenQ can also slightly suppress your appetite, and the chromium also does its part to stop your cravings for carbs and sugar.
Here’s the list of benefits you can get by taking PhenQ, as claimed by the manufacturer:
- Lose lots of fat – PhenQ contains ingredients that help you burn more of the fat you already have, but it also helps your body stop producing more fat to begin with.
- Suppress your appetite – Ingredients like fiber, caffeine, and chromium help keep you full and prevent you from craving snacks between meals.
- Raise your energy levels – Dieting can often cause your energy levels to drop, so ingredients like caffeine are there to make sure you’re feeling alert throughout the day.
- Heighten your mood – With the drop-in energy levels can also come with a drop in your mood. The ingredients in PhenQ have mild mood-enhancing effects to make sure your diet isn’t bumming you out.
- Vegetarian/vegan-friendly – PhenQ is made for all-natural, completely vegetarian/vegan ingredients.
One daily serving of PhenQ is two pills. The manufacturer recommends taking one PhenQ pill with breakfast and the other with lunch.
Since PhenQ contains caffeine, the manufacturer strongly recommends you to not exceed the normal daily dosage. Consuming too much caffeine can cause issues like disrupted sleeping patterns, and you can even develop a caffeine dependency if you have too much of it.
Some people are sensitive to caffeine, and if that’s the case for you, then you should limit how much coffee or other caffeinated drinks you have in a day. Even if you’re not sensitive, you should consider cutting back on other caffeine sources if you’re taking PhenQ.
Where to Buy?
You can buy PhenQ from the official PhenQ website. One month’s supply of PhenQ, which is 60 pills, will run you $70. You can also buy up to three bottles of PhenQ at once, at which point you will receive two extra bottles for free.
PhenQ also comes with a 67-day money-back guarantee, and if you’re ordering from the U.K., you can potentially be eligible for free next-day delivery.
You can order PhenQ from anywhere else in the world too, and you will still be eligible for free delivery, although it won’t be next-day delivery.
2. Zotrim – Best Appetite Suppressant for Women
Zotrim is the second dietary supplement we’ll be taking a look at. Much like PhenQ, Zotrim is marketed towards the general public, for people who just want an effective supplement that can help them lose some weight.
Several of the ingredients in Zotrim’s formula can be found in many other dietary supplements. However, it differs from the other two dietary supplements on this list in that it doesn’t have any ingredients that are a major source of fiber.
- Yerba mate leaf extract – The leaves of the yerba mate plant have long been used in South America as a way to relieve fatigue and promote weight loss, among other things. Typically, the leaves are brewed into a tea. Like black tea, yerba mate contains caffeine, which gives you a boost of energy and suppresses your appetite a little.
- Guarana extract – Like yerba mate, guarana also comes from a South American plant. In this case, the seeds are used to make this ingredient. Guarana seeds contain about four times as much caffeine as coffee beans, making it a very potent stimulant. It’s for this reason that guarana is a popular ingredient in energy drinks.
- Damiana leaf – Damiana is a plant that grows in subtropical regions like the southern U.S., the Caribbean, and Central America. It’s mostly known for being a natural aphrodisiac, but it’s also used to treat some mental issues like depression.
- Vitamin B3 – Vitamin B3 is good for your health for a number of reasons. It may help protect your brain from degenerative diseases like Parkinson’s and prevents conditions like strokes from happening.
- Vitamin B6 – You can find Vitamin B6 in many ubiquitous food items, like bananas, potatoes, chickpeas, poultry, and fish. You absolutely need vitamin B6 if you want your brain to develop normally.
Click here to See the Full List of Ingredients in Zotrim on their Official Website.
How Does It Work?
Zotrim contains a decent amount of caffeine (about 75 mg/serving), so that definitely goes a long way when it comes to suppressing your appetite. The caffeine will also step your energy levels up, which will help keep you active and alert.
The damiana leaf has a mood-enhancing effect, which can also help put you in a more positive state of mind and prevent you from potentially stress-eating.
Vitamin B3 and B6 can also help suppress your appetite because they help convert more of the food you eat into usable energy. This, of course, can help you stave off feelings of hunger, and stop you from feeling tired if you’re cutting back on your calorie consumption.
Here are all the benefits of taking Zotrim that the manufacturer lists:
- Keeps you full for longer – In clinical trials for Zotrim, people who took a placebo with food had the food remain in their stomachs for an average of 38 minutes, while the people who took Zotrim saw an average of 58 minutes.
- Stops you from eating as much – Not only does it keep you full for longer, Zotrim stops you from eating as much food to begin with. You’ll find yourself eating less food at each meal and snacking less frequently.
- Gives you more energy – The caffeine content in Zotrim will provide you with a nice boost of energy and help keep you focused on what you need to get done.
- Increases the effects of exercise – If you take Zotrim before exercising, you’ll be able to use more of the energy found in your fat.
- Works on its own – Zotrim is definitely more effective at helping you lose weight if you have a diet and exercise plan, but even without any of that, you’ll still be able to see noticeable weight-loss.
The manufacturer recommends that you take two or three Zotrim pills with water before each of your three daily meals. You must keep using Zotrim every day for the effects to last.
It’s probably not a good idea to take more than nine pills a day, considering the caffeine content in each serving. Consuming caffeine late in the day has a greater chance of disrupting your sleep.
Depending on the size of your meal, you should also consider scaling down the size of your dose.
Where to Buy?
You can get Zotrim through the official Zotrim web store. One container of Zotrim contains a month’s worth of doses, which seems to be a common detail of most of these dietary supplements.
A single container will cost you $50, which makes it the least expensive dietary supplement on this list (per individual container). You can order six months’ worth of Zotrim for $200, which seems like a pretty good deal.
Zotrim offers a 100-day money-back guarantee. However, this guarantee only applies to purchases of more than a month’s worth of Zotrim.
Zotrim is available for purchase worldwide.
3. FAB CBD Oil – Natural Supplement to Control Hunger
FAB CBD oil is the first CBD oil we’ll be reviewing today. FAB’s oil is available in four different levels of potency, and each of those potency levels is available in five flavors: citrus, mint, vanilla, berry, and natural.
These oils contain extracts that use the whole plant and are full spectrum. There is only one container size of oil available, which is 30 ml (although how long this amount will last you depends on how you use it). These oils are often used for treating issues like chronic soreness and insomnia, and can also help to suppress your appetite.
- Hemp extract – This extract is derived from organically-grown industrial hemp farmed in Colorado. Hemp extract is similar to CBD oil, except it’s only taken from the seeds, while CBD oil uses more of the whole plant.
- Full-spectrum CBD oil – What “full-spectrum” means is that it contains all of the cannabinoids that occur naturally in cannabis. As well as containing CBD, these oils also have very small amounts of THC (but not enough to make you feel high).
- Terpenes – Terpenes are aromatic oils found in cannabis and many other different types of plants. Different kinds of terpenes result in different tastes and smells of cannabis products.
- Natural flavorings – FAB CBD Oil can be bought in a variety of flavors, including citrus, mint, vanilla, and berry.
- Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) – MCTs are one of the several types of healthy fats that your body needs. MCTs help improve the health of the bacteria in your gut that you need for digestion, and they can help prevent obesity.
Click here to See the Full List of Ingredients in FAB’s CBD Oil on their Official Site.
How Does It Work?
You would think that CBD oil would be more likely to actually make you hungrier since one of the usual effects of using cannabis products is getting “the munchies.” However, CBD oils are quite different from regular cannabis in a few ways.
Because the THC levels in CBD oil are so low, taking CBD oil doesn’t affect your brain in the same way that smoking cannabis does. In fact, it’s thought that CBD actually blocks some of the receptors in your brain that are responsible for receiving signals related to your metabolism and your appetite.
Some people also tend to stress-eat when they’re feeling down or anxious, and in such cases, CBD oil can suppress your appetite by simply helping you feel more relaxed.
These are some of the benefits you can get from taking FAB CBD oil.
These benefits are pretty much the same across all brands of CBD oil:
- Pain relief – Cannabis products have been used for their pain-relieving effects for thousands of years. CBD is able to interact with a part of the brain that regulates things like appetite and pain response and can help treat both chronic and acute pain.
- Helps balance mood – Mental disorders like anxiety and depression are ultimately caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain. CBD is capable of activating your brain’s serotonin receptors, which can have positive effects on your overall mood.
- Good for your heart – CBD oil can potentially lower your blood pressure, which is often caused by heightened anxiety levels. It can also reduce oxidative stress on your heart cells and help prevent heart damage.
- Good for focus – Anxiety and depression can significantly affect your ability to concentrate on tasks. Unlike regular cannabis, which can make you feel loopy and confused after using it, CBD oil helps you relax without affecting your ability to focus.
Because CBD oil contains little to no THC, you can take as much of it as you want as frequently as you want with no fear of experiencing any impairment. You can take it as a daily supplement, or just take it whenever you feel like you particularly need it.
We would recommend you try and be conservative with your doses; not because you’ll experience negative effects, but because the bottles are very small, and you can use up a whole one quite fast if you’re not careful.
On the other hand, you may need to take a larger dose if smaller ones aren’t affecting you at all.
Some other tips we have are not to touch the dropper containing the CBD to your lips or tongue, and to consider mixing your CBD oil in with another drink if you don’t like the taste of it.
Where to Buy?
You can buy FAB CBD oil from FAB’s website. The price of each container depends on what potency you choose to buy. Potencies range from 300 mg of CBD/bottle to 2400 mg of CBD/bottle, and prices range from $39/bottle to $129/bottle.
If you want to return a product, you’ll have 30 days from the day of purchase to do so. If you ordered more than one container of any item, you won’t qualify for a refund if you open more than one container of that item.
FAB CBD oil can be shipped anywhere worldwide.
It is the second brand of CBD oil we’ll be checking out in this article. Cheef Botanicals CBD oil is very similar to FAB CBD oil, except it contains fewer ingredients and is available in a higher potency.
- Colorado-grown full-spectrum CBD extract
- Hemp Seed Oil – Rich in Omega-3, -6, and -9 fats, which our bodies need for many different purposes.
How Does It Work?
In reality, CBD oil is CBD oil, and the only thing that makes a difference between CBD products is their potency and perhaps some of the flavors.
Like the FAB CBD oil, the CBD oil that Cheef Botanicals makes blocks the receptors in the brain that tell you when you’re hungry, which helps reduce your appetite.
Cheef Botanicals CBD oil also reduces your stress levels, just like any other CBD oil will.
Here we will list all the benefits that Cheef Botanicals CBD oil can give you.
These are essentially the same benefits as for the FAB CBD oil:
- Lessens pain – CBD interacts with your brain’s pain receptors, which can help alleviate many types of pain.
- Improves overall mood – CBD also reacts with other receptors in your brain that can improve your overall mood and help you relax.
- Good for cardiovascular health – All types of CBD oil can help lower your blood pressure and help prevent your heart from being damaged due to oxidative stress.
- Good at helping you focus – CBD can help you concentrate better by relaxing you without making you feel confused or sleepy like other cannabis products do.
Like FAB CBD oil, you can take Cheef Botanicals CBD oil basically any time you want. All CBD oil is non-narcotic, so you can use any brand of CBD oil in this fashion.
The bottles of Cheef Botanicals CBD oil are actually half the size of FAB’s bottles, but are available in a stronger potency, so it kind of balances out.
Again, we would recommend that you start with the smaller doses of CBD oil and work your way up to the more potent ones, just to be on the safe side.
Where to Buy?
Cheef Botanicals CBD oil can be bought from the official product website. Of the two CBD oils on this list, Cheef Botanicals is the least expensive one by a small margin.
Bottles start at $25 for the least potent (300 mg/bottle) and end at $125 for the most potent (3000 mg/bottle).
Unfortunately, Cheef Botanicals only ships to locations within the U.S. If you want to return a product, Cheef Botanicals requests that you try it out for 30 days first before deciding if you want to return it.
After 30 days, you have an additional 15 days to return your product if you want to receive a refund.
5. Instant Knockout – Best for Cutting Fat (Thermogenic)
The final product we’ll be reviewing is Instant Knockout. It is a dietary supplement intended mainly for building up muscle and shedding fat.
Instant Knockout is targeted at bodybuilders and other athletic people who want a supplement that can give them a little bit of a performance upgrade.
It has a relatively longer list of ingredients than some of the other products we’ve talked about so far, but these ingredients may give you some additional health benefits aside from just being able to suppress your appetite.
- Green tea extract (500 mg/serving) – Green tea is very healthy for you. It has polyphenols, a type of nutrient that’s great at helping you manage your weight. It can treat digestive and cardiovascular issues, and it’s also filled with antioxidants.
- Cayenne pepper seeds (100 mg/serving) – These seeds contain capsaicin, which, as we’ve mentioned, can help you lose weight in a few ways.
- Glucomannan (1800 mg/serving) – Glucomannan is fiber. Like the cactus fiber, we listed in the formula for PhenQ, glucomannan fiber helps keep you feeling full for a long period of time and stops your body from absorbing too much fat and sugar.
- Vitamin B6 (5 mg/serving)
- Vitamin B12 (10 mcg/serving) – Vitamin B12 is also a very common vitamin that is found in fish, poultry, red meat, and anything containing dairy. You need vitamin B12 in order to maintain your body’s most critical functions, which include producing new red blood cells and producing DNA. You also need it for your nerves to work correctly and for your cells to metabolize energy.
- Caffeine powder (300 mg/serving)
- GTF Chromium (100 mcg/serving) – This is another type of chromium you can find in some dietary supplements. GTF means “gluten tolerance factor.” What’s different between GTF chromium and other varieties of chromium is that GTF chromium is able to be absorbed by your body more efficiently.
- Zinc (10 mg/serving) – Zinc is a mineral that is found in a massive variety of food items. It often occurs naturally in food but is sometimes added as a supplementary mineral. Zinc helps your body process more carbs, fats, and proteins, which can help you feel less hungry.
- Piperine (10 mg/serving) – Piperine is derived from black peppercorns. Piperine is able to enhance the effectiveness of other active ingredients in your bloodstream. It helps your body absorb more of the healthy ingredients in Instant Knockout. Piperine is sometimes sold under the branded name Bioperine.
- Green coffee bean extract (100 mg/serving) – These are just normal coffee beans that have not been roasted and are in their raw, natural state. Green coffee beans contain a substance called chlorogenic acid, which helps prevent you from gaining weight.
Click here to See the Full List of Ingredients in Instant Knockout on their Official Website.
How Does It Work?
Instant Knockout can definitely help you suppress your appetite and help you lose weight, but it’s marketed more as a supplement for bodybuilding.
Ingredients like glucomannan in particular work to stop you from feeling hungry so soon after eating, because of all the dietary fiber it contains. Other ingredients that help your body use more fuel like carbs and fat can also make a difference in your appetite.
Basically, this supplement makes you feel less hungry by helping your body make the most of its stores of fat and sugar and filling you up more after you eat.
If you’re eating a lot less than you normally would be, you can sometimes start to feel lethargic. Instant Knockout can help you fight these feelings of lethargy because it contains some stimulating ingredients.
Here’s the complete list of the benefits you can get from taking Instant Knockout:
- Increased metabolic rate – Increased metabolic rate helps your body burn more fat, even when you’re not being physically active. The more energy and fat you can burn, the more weight you will lose.
- Fewer hunger pangs – Instant Knockout helps your body burn more fat instead of storing it. When your body is craving fat and sugar to store, instead of to use, you’ll find yourself feeling hungry more often. Instant Knockout gets your body to start using more of its own fat, stopping you from feeling hungry after you finish eating.
- More energy – Instant Knockout is mainly intended for athletes and bodybuilders, and the energy boost that you get from ingredients like caffeine is intended to help you power through an intense workout.
- All-natural ingredients – Instant Knockout is made entirely from vitamins, minerals, and plant-based ingredients that are all-natural and proven to have numerous health benefits.
Each daily dose of Instant Knockout consists of four pills. You should take each pill separately at different times of the day.
Take one pill first thing in the morning when you wake up, take the second pill shortly before lunchtime, take the third pill in between your lunch and dinner. Then take the fourth pill shortly before dinner.
Unlike some dietary supplements for muscle gain and weight loss, you don’t necessarily have to exercise all the time to see some of the positive effects of Instant Knockout.
Where to Buy?
You can get Instant Knockout from the product’s official website. One bottle of Instant Knockout, which contains a month’s supply of capsules, costs $59.
You can also order two containers, which come with free shipping (but only for orders in the United States. or the U.K.), or three containers, which come with both free shipping and an extra free container (for a total of four).
You can get a tracking number for your order. Also, it offers a 90-day money-back guarantee. So, if you have any issues with your order, you can return it.
How Did We Evaluate These Products?
When writing about these products, we were, unfortunately, unable to review these products firsthand, so we spent the time to research each product and the ingredients they contain to discover whether or not these products are worth your time and money.
Here are the different criteria we looked at when deciding how we were going to evaluate these products:
- What the manufacturer claimed about the product’s benefits
- The list of ingredients in each product
- Whether or not this product used many artificial ingredients
- Cost of each product
Who Should Use Appetite Suppressants?
Most people who use appetite suppressants are people who just want to lose weight, either for health reasons or just to look a bit better. This is fine, but it’s important to only take safe amounts of appetite suppressants to avoid the possibility of suffering any negative effects.
You can sometimes get appetite suppressants prescribed to you, but you’re only able to do this if you have a medical condition that requires it, like severe morbid obesity, for example.
In general, people don’t really need appetite suppressants for medical reasons. There are a few disorders out there that can cause you to feel uncontrollable feelings of hunger constantly, but these disorders are incredibly rare.
What Ingredients Should You Look for in an Appetite Suppressant?
There’s a good deal of variety in the formulas that all of these appetite-suppressing supplements use, but there are some common ingredients that are particularly effective when used in this way.
Here’s what to look out for in other supplements so that you know they’ll work:
- Anything containing dietary fiber
- Caffeine (or ingredients containing caffeine)
- B-complex vitamins
- Full-spectrum CBD oil (in the case of CBD oils)
Beginner’s Guide to Appetite Suppressants
There’s a decent amount of variety between all of these appetite suppressing supplements, and the best way of using each one depends on what specific supplement you’re taking.
If you end up trying one of these supplements, regardless of which one, always make sure you follow the recommended instructions for use that the manufacturer provides.
And regardless of how safe any of these supplements may seem at first glance, you should always consult your doctor first before taking any supplement you haven’t tried yet.
You may have an allergy to one of the ingredients, or some other special dietary restriction you’re simply not aware of yet. Either way, a doctor can help you find out for sure if you’re good to be taking any of these supplements.
If you want a supplement to help keep those nagging feelings of hunger at bay, you could do far worse than anything here on this list.
With such a wide variety of supplements out there, you have a ton of choice when it comes to deciding which one is right for you. If you’re still stuck on where to start, PhenQ may just be the all-in-one solution. Hopefully, after reading this article, you’ll be a bit closer to reaching that decision!