Swimming is a great way to work your whole body and cardiovascular system. An hour of swimming burns almost as many calories as running, without the strong impact on bones and joints.
Swimming is the only sport that can be practiced by anyone and at any age, from the age of 3 months to deep old age, including pregnant women.
There are several benefits you can get from swimming lessons regularly. Read on to learn about the benefits of swimming and how to incorporate swimming into your routine, according to US-Reviews
If you haven’t found out yet, swimming is perhaps the only sport that can be practiced at any age, regardless of physical condition. It is also the only form of more intense movement that does not require and does not put pressure on the bone system and joints. Why? Because in water, a person’s weight is significantly reduced and the body does not have to support it in the same way as on land.
The benefits of swimming can be enjoyed by anyone, even the elderly or pregnant women. Practiced constantly, it will bring positive changes, both in the short and long term. It can be very helpful and read a lot of fitness companies online reviews companies. This way you will make the right decision.
Find out some of them below
1. Your whole body works
One of the biggest benefits of swimming is that the whole body works, from head to toe it increases your heart rate without stressing your body, it tones your muscles, it increases your strength and endurance.
2. Beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system
It lowers blood pressure, lowers heart rate, increases resistance to exertion, and decreases the frequency of varicose veins.
3. Suitable for people with injuries, arthritis, and other conditions
For faster healing or recovery in the case of certain diseases, doctors recommend swimming in the pool to people who have undergone surgery or who suffer from locomotor diseases, making the recovery process more pleasant, easier, and faster!
4. Improving posture
The swimming position helps to correct the posture in daily life and significantly reduces back pain.
5. Muscle relaxation
Apart from the fact that swimming is one of the best cardio exercises, it is also a wonderful stretching exercise. During the swimming session, the muscles develop qualitatively, but they also relax and relax.
What are the benefits of swimming on children’s bodies?
In addition to the benefits mentioned in the previous paragraph, which are also valid for children, there are other positive effects that swimming has on the quality of life of children. These include:
- Strengthening the immune system – it has been observed that little ones who swim regularly are more resistant to colds, diseases, or infections.
- Harmonious development without pressure on the joints – children’s joints are still developing, and some sports activities can put too much pressure on them, increasing the risk of injuries. However, this is not the case with swimming, which helps the little ones to develop healthy muscles and to strengthen their back muscles, which correctly support the spine.
- Improving coordination and mobility – is considered an aerobic exercise, swimming from an early age will be useful for children because it increases their flexibility, but also coordination at the physical level and psychomotor development.
- Improving asthma symptoms – Swimming reduces the severity of asthma episodes and helps to reduce them because it increases the lung capacity of children.
The swimming training of the little ones can start from a very young age, more precisely, 3 months! If it seems too early or your child is over this age, it is no problem. At any time, he can learn to cope perfectly in the water. Specialists recommend that, at the first meetings, the little one has access to initiation equipment, which will make him feel safe in the new environment.